HAPTAN YASHT Kardo 1–Transliteration
1. We praise/ propitiate Hormazd, the leader of purity/ holiness, we praise appreciate all the Ameshaspends the majestic and all wise/able; with desire to gain purity and for the good Mazda Yasni religion, we praise/propitiate all of nature’s creation related to its elements (Mino) and vibrations (Gati).
2. Just as we laud the good (the praiseworthy/ the high minded) so also, for happiness in this world and the next, do we laud and think well of those who are doing and those who have think pure/good thoughts, wish pure /good wishes and do pure/ good deeds.
3. O the pure (Asho) and loveable Hormazd! To attain the happiness of both worlds we appreciate/like the best works of people who live in this world and we study/practice these and imitate these works; i.e. we like, study/practice and maintain manashni, gavashni and kunashni in accordance with the excellent behavior of those that follow the Path.
4. We, those that learn and those that do not; those that have strength and those that do not; desire to live well and to have enough fodder for their cattle through association of the good and through good deeds. (In the times when this was written, the wealth of a person was the cattle and kind that he owned. there for, this desire for proper and enough fodder to feed their cattle.)
5. May the highest Padsha’s rule be firmly secured. we turn our minds on Hormazd the highest righteousness (Ashoi). Alternately this means we serve Hormazd, the highest good/most pure, we incessantly admit his existence, we internalize him and make him our own.
6. Reveal/announce the name of the man/woman who has real knowledge of something good; and meditate on/practice this knowledge for ourselves and teach those that behave lowly/badly.
7. O humans! We consider best propitiation of Hormazd (Ijasné) and meditation on him and also the upkeep of cattle as we so wish may we meditate on/practise this and ingrain it into ourselves.
8. Should a person of this world, while following and meditating on/practising the Path (Raasti) wish to live in excellence in both the worlds, may He succeed; i.e. a person who, while adhering to Raasti helps the less fortunate according to his ability, he will live in exaltation in both the worlds.
(I’d say this reiterates what Ashem Vohu teaches us.)
9. O Hormazd! Keeping Ashoi in mind we recite these well known verses; we conceive you as the listener and the teacher of these.
10. O Hormazd! your purity/holiness (ashoi), kind thoughts (Maneshni) & invoking You, is above/higher than all other invocation (Stuti); the songs of song praise to your Fame are above and beyond all other songs of praise (Hymns) and meditation on/ practicing you is above all other meditations/practice.