MOTTI HAPTAN YASHT KARDO 2–TRANSLITERATION
Kardo (chapter) in praise of fire. All fires; the creative, the spiritual, the temporal and the fire of life, its importance in nature and eternity.
1. Through this fire O most advanced element (Mino) Hormazd, we are the first to reach you. Who that harms the fire/tries to desecrate the Fire, You harm them in turn. (This speaks of both the physical fire which we can see and the Spiritual, elemental fire of other dimensions).
2. Man himself is full of/ happy with this power (for having reached you through the Fire) O fire of Hormazd! Through this joy of the happy persons, through the invocation of your name, reach us for the most important deed among all deeds. (In other words, ‘O fire of Hormazd, befriend us and fulfill our desires’.)
3. O fire! Thou art the one sign of Hormazd. Thou art the sign of that which gives the most progress. O the fire of Hormazd, of all names yours is the most glorious/brightest! Through this name we reach you.
4. We reach you through good minds, pure holiness, good deeds born of wisdom and gratitude.
5. O Hormazd, we bow before you, we are indebted to you. We grow nearer to you through all good thoughts, gratitude and good deeds.
6. O Hormazd, we reveal/ uncover the strongest light of all lights, known as Khorshed as the most beautiful/ like-able of all your bodies /sheaths.